New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Upgrade 10.5.8 to Snow leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sol1tude

Sol1tude is on a distinguished road

I just spent two hours getting details so I could ask a question and the site logged me out when I tried to send the two paragraph email. All my info was in that post so I don't have it anymore. That is very frustrating!!!

I am not tech savvy. I have had trouble getting my comp to work the same since upgrading. What information do you need so I can get help?

Briefly:
1. IPhoto no longer has any of the videos I had there before.
2. The function keys are all mixed up; some don't even work
3. IWork won't show my info, just a blank screen
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

G'day and welcome to the forums.

Model details would help enormously. How did you upgrade from Leopard? Have you downloaded and installed the OSX.6.8 Cobmo Updater?

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
Sol1tude

Sol1tude is on a distinguished road

Thank you for replying.
Yes, that would be important.
I bought my laptop in June 2009(white). I purchased the Snow Leopard on cd and went from there. I went through the apple website and downloaded all the 10.6.8 upgrades I could find. I did try not to replicate them(ie. I tried to only download the newer ones for like fixes.). Yes, I did the combo updater one.
Here is a list of my Apple downloads:
MacOSXUpd10.6.8dmg
MacOSXUpd10.6.8Supp.dmg
MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.8.dmg
Safari5.1.7SnowLeopard.dmg
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Copying macbook HDD | No storage space on Mac Air due to e-mails »