New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Document title bar hidden

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jdjrjtrjl

jdjrjtrjl is on a distinguished road

In Mac Lion why does the document title bar sometimes hide behind the menu bar?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Does this happen with any particular application?

Normally, the menu bar is the limit in terms of screen real estate space. However, non-native apps may be able to circumvent this (I've seen it happen).

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
jdjrjtrjl

I can't remember if it happens with other apps. This time it is GraphicConverter, and I know it has happened before with GC. Other possibilities would be Pages, or Preview.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Do you "fix" it and close the program only to have it happen the next time you open it?
QUOTE Thanks
jdjrjtrjl

I don't know how to "fix" it, but if I restart, or shut down and start again, it comes back the same way. I have also had this happen in "MakeMusic's" "Finale 2012".
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Fix it by temporarily changing your screen resolutions. (Write down what they are first so you can change back to what you had!) Once you get resolutions that reveal the entire window not tucked behind the menu bar, resize the window, making it very small. Now go back to your original resolutions, and resize again, making it the size you really want to see.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Groups to use with ACLs? | DVD Broke - Reinstall OS »