Multiple Computers OSX Mountain Lion? help!
    Hi everyone,
    I recently bought a mac mini on ebay and it was loaded with osx lion. I upgraded the system to osx mountain lion by purchasing it from the app store. As it turns out, this mac didn't work out for me and I've decided to go with a macbook air for more portability. Therefore, this computer will be sold back on ebay when I get around to it.

On apple's website it states that you can upgrade multiple computers with osx mountain lion. Once mountain lion is installed I'm assuming there is no going back since this mac mini doesn't have a disc drive. Is it legal to upgrade a computers operating system and then sell it? If this is the okay, why aren't all apples with sufficient hardware requirements on ebay ready to go with mountain lion? I know you can install it on multiple computers but I'm trying to make sure that this is legal and ethical.

Please help.

Thanks!

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    AS long as you have purchased Mountain Lion then its entirely legal for you to sell it on with that OS installed
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Okay, thanks. It just seems odd that all the resellers on ebay wouldn't upgrade the computers with mountain lion osx if it's free to upgrade unlimited macs once you've purchased.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by schulzey View Post
    Okay, thanks. It just seems odd that all the resellers on ebay wouldn't upgrade the computers with mountain lion osx if it's free to upgrade unlimited macs once you've purchased.
    As an individual user…once you've purchased ML...you're allowed to ONLY install ML on the Macintosh computers you own in your own household.

Resellers on e-Bay are a completely different matter. To be in compliance…they would either need to purchase some sort of multi-user/volume site license…or purchase a separate $19 ML upgrade for each computer they sell.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Information