New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MacBook USB disabled

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cynvanbl

cynvanbl is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I own a 13" white MacBook and a couple of days ago I plugged in my iPhone 4S to update it with my iTunes and I got this message.

I tried using a different cord and a different device but still the same message.
I looked online for a solution online and I did a SMC reset but that didn't change the situation.

The weird thing is that the same day my wall outlet charger for my iPhone stopped working as well. I tried a different plug, different device, and different cord but nothing.

I know that it's not my iPhone because when I put it in my iHome and in the car charger it worked. I just don't know what's wrong and could use some help or advice. Like is it just a coincidence that my MacBook's usb and my wall outlet usb both stopped working on the same day or what?

Thanks in advance,
Cyndi V
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The iPhone and iPad draw more current then what can be sustained on a MacBook and most MacBook Pro machines. Your wall charger going out the same time is probably coincidental. You might also try doing a PRAM reset to see if you can awaken the USB ports.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Reinstalling Mountain Lion - pay twice? | OS reboot »