Thread: Mid-2007 Macbook SSD upgrade
10-10-2012, 04:21 PM #1
Mid-2007 Macbook SSD upgrade
- Member Since
- Oct 10, 2012
I have the mid-2007 Macbook in white
- Macbook 2,1
- 2.16 GHz core 2 duo
- 2 GB ram
- 250 GB SATA HDD
My questions are regarding an SSD (most probably a 256GB) upgrade.
1) What SSD specifications do I need to look for so as to make sure it will work with my MB
- any model/make recommendations?
2) I wish to do a clean install (may be Lion). How would I do that on a newly installed SSD?
- assuming the OS installation goes well, How do I restore my iTunes+iPhoto library from a time capsule created on my current MB.
- would an (SSD + 4GB ram (effective 3.0 GB) + Lion) upgrade be better than my current configuration
3) What is TRIM?
I realize these questions may require long explanations, but any bits of information/references are much appreciated. I am just hoping to make an informed decision before making this upgrade.
Thank you all!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By CRAIGYBABES in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 24Last Post: 11-28-2015, 07:37 PM
By JedontheMed in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 7Last Post: 06-01-2015, 06:46 PM
By BFox549 in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 4Last Post: 07-22-2013, 03:59 PM
By Raff in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 5Last Post: 11-29-2012, 12:55 PM
By jdm in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 3Last Post: 11-26-2012, 01:30 PM