Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Clock Disappeared from Status Bar [Mountain Lion]
    Everything is still there in the top-right of the status bar, except for the clock. I've tried rebooting. Went to System Preferences -> Date and Time -> Clock, and tried to check "Show date and time in menu bar", but it gets automatically unchecked instantly. Noticed the issue since this morning. Ran Onyx's maintenance scripts and cache cleaner, also installed newest updates to OS, no difference. Any suggestions?

Mid-2012 MacBook Pro.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Since you have OnyX, use the option to repair permissions on the off chance that they're not set right. If that doesn't work, post back and we can try something else.

Tried repair permissions, no luck. Thanks for the support though.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    OK, let's try a PRAM reset:

Shut down your Mac.

Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously.

Turn on the computer.

Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.

Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.

Release the keys.

Let us know if that works to get the clock on your top menu working again.

Did not work unfortunately

Can you please post your /Users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systemuiserver.plist text on here?
    I think I can fix it by changing what is written for the Clock in there.

Here is what mine's says:
    bplist00”_NSWindow Frame NoTimeLeft_ __NSEnableTSMDocumentWindowLevelZmenuExtras_402 462 475 163 0 0 1280 778
    _5/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/AirPort.menu
    _2/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/Sync.menu
    _7/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/Bluetooth.menu
    _4/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/Volume.menu
    _5/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/Battery.menu
    _3/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/Clock.menu+NYyzπ(_
    Seems like there is an error for the Clock value..

Just looked in Console, says the following:

In the morning when the issue started:
    WindowServer: CGXDisableUpdate: UI updates were forcibly disabled by application "SystemUIServer" for over 1.00 seconds. Server has re-enabled them.
    WindowUIServer: reenable_update_for_connection: UI updates were finally reenabled by application "SystemUIServer" after 1.05 seconds (server forcibly re-enabled them after 1.00 seconds
    SystemUIServer: Could not load menu extra NSBundle </System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/Clock.menu> (not yet loaded) for Class (null)
    This repeated throughout the day:
    System Preferences: AppleClockExtra ERROR: We requested to add the menu extra but the clock doesn't seem to be visible. [This repeated 5 times]
    SystemUIServer: Could not load menu extra NSBundle </System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/Clock.menu> (not yet loaded) for Class (null)

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    You just might be onto something. Here is mine. None of that garbage looking data after the main entry.

<array>
    <string>/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/Battery.menu</string>
    <string>/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/TimeMachine.menu</string>
    <string>/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/Bluetooth.menu</string>
    <string>/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/AirPort.menu</string>
    <string>/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/Volume.menu</string>
    <string>/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/Clock.menu</string>
    <string>/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/User.menu</string>
    </array>

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Just did some searching. One user dragged the com.apple.systemuiserver.plist to the desktop then restarted and everything came back. Might be worth a quick try.

If I try to edit that file or move it to the desktop, my WiFi and Sync icon also disappear from the status bar once I reboot. But I backed up my current com.apple.systemuiserver.plist, when I put it back it goes back to the original state (without clock). Any other suggestions? Apple won't provide me Technical Support (costs $20), just repair.

Specs:
    What happens if you move it to the desktop, then go to Clock, WiFi, And bluetooth and select to show it in the menu bar? Since you have it backed up, worth a try. In System Preferences, all 3 of them have a toggle to show or not show in the Menu Bar.

Specs:
    I tried something. I edited my com.apple.systemuiserver.plist and put garbage in the like for the clock. Did a reboot and no clock. Then went into system Preferences and date/time and checked Show Clock in Menu Bar and it came back and fixed that file!

Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    I tried something. I edited my com.apple.systemuiserver.plist and put garbage in the like for the clock. Did a reboot and no clock. Then went into system Preferences and date/time and checked Show Clock in Menu Bar and it came back and fixed that file!
    Didn't work. Wifi icon and Sync icon also disappear once I do this. Still can't check the box to "Show Clock in Menu Bar" (it automatically unchecks itself). The com.apple.systemuiserver.plist shows just this now:
    bplist00—_ __NSEnableTSMDocumentWindowLevel ./

Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    So I used your com.apple.systemuiserver.plist that you sent me and this time the settings stuck on reboot and I booted with your Menu Bar set up. However, the clock is still missing. Looks like the issue is located somewhere else

edit: Here's an idea. Can you email me your "/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/Clock.menu" file?

Specs:
    Ok, let me do some more checking and will get back to you. This is a strange one.

Thread Information