Ghost shift key always on
    I was cleaning my keyboard and it was one of the last keys I had to clean. Every other one I cleaned works fine but for some reason the shift key is now permanently on. I cant plug in a usb keyboard and use that but I wanna try and get this problem fixed. I have a Mid 2009 15" Macbook Pro

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    What did you use to clean the keyboard? If you used any type of liquid cleaner or even a dampened cloth, some moisture may have gotten into the keyboard causing damage to the contact. My advice is to turn the machine off and let it dry for a day or so. Hopefully the shift key will begin to work properly again.

I cleaned the plastic pieces with water but I dried everything really well before putting them back

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB flash memory, 3.3GHz, 16GB memory, macOS Sierra beta.
    Ohh dear water and electronics are a fatal mixture. Best way of cleaning between keys and keyboard is a nice soft brush.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Unhappy
    Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    Ohh dear water and electronics are a fatal mixture. Best way of cleaning between keys and keyboard is a nice soft brush.
    Yeah as I said I dried the pieces I got wet so there was no water contact to the actual electronics It was only the plastic part of the keys that I cleaned.

Now Im also noticing some other problems.

No video or music player will play anymore it will just stand there loading or even if it finishes loading it wont start playing. Also when I open my launchpad and try to switch to my second page it lags really bad. I spilled juice on it months ago but quickly took it apart dried it and it was fine I had no damage done this could possibly be a result of that but that happened months ago and I haven't had issues up until now so I don't know.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Spills have a way of causing problems later on even when it seems like everything is OK. I can't tell you positively if the juice spill awhile ago is now rearing its ugly head, but it's a strong possibility.

Looks like ill have to take it too apple and see

Thread Information