New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Mission Control bug

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mrtomrichy

mrtomrichy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2012, i5 2.5GHZ, 4GB RAM

First off, hello! I have just signed up to the forum as I am having a problem with Mission Control on my Macbook Pro.

Whenever I access Mission Control from any desktop (or dashboard) by swiping three fingers up, it always shows Desktop 1 in the main view in the middle, despite the fact that I was not on that desktop when I accessed Mission Control. The correct thumbnail at the top is highlighted, however it ALWAYS shows Desktop 1 no matter where I access Mission Control from.

How do I fix this issue as it is really 'bugging' me! (No pun intended..)

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

What version of OSX are you running?

I am in 10.8.2 here and can't duplicate what you are seeing. If I am in Desktop 2 and do the 4 finger swipe up for Mission Control, It shows Desktop 2. If I am in Desktop 1 it shows Desktop 1. I checked the settings for MC and can't find anything that should affect it.

Maybe someone else has some input.
QUOTE Thanks
mrtomrichy

mrtomrichy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2012, i5 2.5GHZ, 4GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
What version of OSX are you running?

I am in 10.8.2 here and can't duplicate what you are seeing. If I am in Desktop 2 and do the 4 finger swipe up for Mission Control, It shows Desktop 2. If I am in Desktop 1 it shows Desktop 1. I checked the settings for MC and can't find anything that should affect it.

Maybe someone else has some input.
Hi, sorry I forgot to mention I am in 10.8.2 also.

I restarted the Dock using the Terminal command 'killall Dock' which removed part of the problem. It now works with multiple desktops, however not when there is a fullscreen app. If there is a fullscreen application (such as skype) and I enter mission control from the app, it always shows Desktop 1. Even if there is more than one desktop and the open app, it always shows Desktop 1.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Replace mini displayport with Thunderbolt in iMac | MacBook recovery mode problem »