New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Safari working in one account but not the other

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JayCanale67

JayCanale67 is on a distinguished road

Here is a strange problem, I can't seem to get safari to display a website with flash in it in my main admin account but if I choose a new standard account then the site will display it. I know this would be considered a "flash" problem but I am unable to get any resolution from the flash forums so I thought I would try here.

Anyone ever experience the same thing?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Do you have the latest Flash update installed to your Admin account? Download LINK
QUOTE Thanks
JayCanale67

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Do you have the latest Flash update installed to your Admin account? Download LINK
Yes, I do.

It's really strange. I am fairly new to mac's so excuse me if I come off as a nuub.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

You may not have the Adobe Flash extension for Safari loaded though..check this download LINK and install it. Let's see if that fixes it.
QUOTE Thanks
JayCanale67

Okay, I followed the link and installed. Rebooted my machine and still it doesn't work.

What's next?

Quote:
You may not have the Adobe Flash extension for Safari loaded though..check this download LINK and install it. Let's see if that fixes it.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

This is getting a bit strange. Something else is going on.... Let's try to reset Safari from the Admin account. Click on the Safari top menu and select "Reset Safari". A dialog will open asking if you're sure and also a list of items to reset. Choose the items you wish to reset. I would go ahead and reset all to make sure.
QUOTE Thanks
JayCanale67

Yes, I have done this. Several times in fact. Still nothing.

Any other ideas?

Quote:
This is getting a bit strange. Something else is going on.... Let's try to reset Safari from the Admin account. Click on the Safari top menu and select "Reset Safari". A dialog will open asking if you're sure and also a list of items to reset. Choose the items you wish to reset. I would go ahead and reset all to make sure.
QUOTE Thanks
JayCanale67

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCanale67 View Post
Yes, I have done this. Several times in fact. Still nothing.

Any other ideas?
Well, I ended up solving this on my own. I found a program called Kill Flash Cookies (KFC) ran the program and it found 4 cookies. Once it was cleared everything works great! I can see flash movies now.

I just wonder what was in the cookie that was blocking the site.

Thanks
Jay
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Thanks for posting back. It appears you had some rogue cookies that were blocking flash sites. You might want to open Safari Preferences, and go to the "Privacy" tab, then place a check in the box that says "Block Cookies from third parties and advertisers".
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems reinstalling Lion | Can't switch of »