Viewing PDFs.......

Viewing PDFs.......
    Hello Forum!

Ive been searching all over the place for an answer to my question and the closest i could find was here.

I have an up to date MBpro with OS X 10.8.2 (12C60) and i am unable to view any of the PDFs off my uni blackboard. There are a mixture on there including Powerpoint presentations, lectures with audio and some without as well as pdfs from other sources.
    After downloading adobe flash player i am able to view video presentations with audio, thats all fine (i have to do a daft re-load thing to get the audio but i can live with that if necessary). obviously i can see the powerpoint stuff via 'preview' but i cant access the uni written pdfs. PDFs from outside sources are fine so i know im not going crazy.
    I have demoed a pdf reader but it didnt do the job so have since got rid. When i click on the file from the site, or download it, it opens in a new tab as a blank white page.
    I have tried adobe and preview as preferred prog to open with and have run out of things to try....

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Viewing PDFs.......

I wish I could shed some light, but I'm having a similar problem. I just upgraded my OS to Mountain Lion and then was forced to upgrade my Office Suite from 2004 to 2011. Now I can't view PDFs on the Web at all. I use Firefox, which is up to date, and I haven't had this problem before. Eager to hear what the solution is. Thanks for sharing your problem!

Viewing PDFs.......
    Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    PDF Viewer for Firefox from Mozilla - download LINK. Download and follow install instructions.

Viewing PDFs.......

Viewing PDFs
    Thanks for your help, chscg. Appreciate it!

Viewing PDFs.......

I downloaded PDF Viewer for Firefox and it didn't help at all. I've also upgraded Adobe Reader and am trying to upgrade Adobe Flash Player as well (this seems to be a problem for some reason). I'm not sure what else to do. Any other suggestions?

Thread Information