Unusual default font question
    I understand the basic idea of setting a default font. However, when I choose 'Format', then 'Font' and set my font as Geneva CY, then press 'default', it only gives me the option of saving Geneva CY as my (Asian) and (default) fonts, but it refuses to change the (Intl) from 'times' to 'Geneva CY'. Is there a way to get them all to be Geneva CY?

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    You cannot use Geneva CY as a default font in an English or European language document. Geneva CY is a font for Cyrillic and asian languages
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Quote Originally Posted by louishen View Post
    You cannot use Geneva CY as a default font in an English or European language document. Geneva CY is a font for Cyrillic and asian languages
    so what determines what language the document is in? I'm using Geneva CY because I'm typing in Russian and it's the only font I've been able to find that allows me to type in Russian and in Engilsh. The problem with that is that every time I switch from Russian (Geneva CY) back to English it automatically reverts to Times and I have to first type my text, then highlight it and manually change the font back to Geneva CY. Last night, for the first time, some of the Russian text just 'disappeared'. That is, it disintegrated into a jumbled mess of signs and symbols which I haven't been able to turn back into readable text.

Thread Information