cant get emails in mail
    i can't get emails in my mailbox. My applecare plan only ran out yesterday and I am suspicious that they have deliberately altered some settings so I can't get my mail. The mail application kept asking me for my password and I kept putting it in correctly but it wouldn't seem to accept it so does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    AppleCare is a warranty program, there isn't anything running on your computer remotely related to that.

Who is your eMail provider? iCloud? Gmail? Your own ISP? Let's start with that before conjuring conspiracy theories..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

My email provider is aol but it is not a problem with them because I can check my mail online without any problem.. it is the mail facility on my mac computer that has the fault.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    It's likely a problem with your keychain. Try this: Access your email account direct by going to AOL and sign in with your normal password. Now, go to the option that deals with passwords and change your password.

After doing that, log off AOL and open your Mail program on the Mac and select accounts from preferences. Fill in the new password and other information to make sure it's correct. Make sure the new password is saved in the accounts preference. Now see if you can download your email as before from AOL.

ok thanks I have done that and I can still get my mail online but not in the mac mailbox. I altered the password in the preferences as you said but still no emails coming through.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    Any error? Message etc
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

No no error message or anything. Just getting no emails coming into my inbox. I seem to be able to send them though.

It's ok I've sorted it realised my mailbox had somehow been taken offline. Thanks for those who tried to help.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    OK, thanks for posting back and letting us know. Sometimes the smallest things can trip us up.

Specs:
    Macbook
    Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by cally View Post
    It's ok I've sorted it realised my mailbox had somehow been taken offline. Thanks for those who tried to help.
    HMMM. I'VE JUST had the same thing at appx 21h30 BST, in the UK - been OK till then. Thanks - this thread solved it, for incoming!

This is after total failure to send since Wednesday 3rd October (see : http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-...ml#post1455086 ).

Software upgrades poking new versions, resetting parameters perhaps.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Just a note to all who read this. Just because you can check your email on the Web with say AOL, Yahoo, whatever, does not mean it's working with an email client. Totally different protocols. POP/SMTP or iMap verses just a web page. A lot of things can go wrong with POP and SMTP servers and settings for example.

Glad you got it sorted but in no way Did Apple have a thing to do with your issue.

Thread Information