New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Spinning Wheel - Script Running that Can't Stop

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kcsummer

kcsummer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMAC Snow Leopard

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Navy"]My IMAC Snow Leopard had been down and out for almost a week due to spinner problem.

Everytime it has happened if/when I manage to get it loaded/running I get the message that a script is running and then a choice if I want to stop it click "here". Well when I do that all that happens is the wheel starts turning again.

This was going on for several weeks but I could eventually use computer now its past using.

I have tried the Utilities Disk Repair and Permissions Repair and after a couple of tries managed to get both of them to complete but it hasn't helped the spinner problem.

I never paid much attention to reference any particular "script" but once I think it said something about Chrome but not sure.

But now I have copied, hopefully correctly, the link it shows to the problem script (see below):

http://cdnbdcmi.kaltura.com/html5/html5lib/v1.6.12.401/mwEmbedLoader.php.113

I believe I got that right, I can't read my own writing lol.

I do use frequently a photo site "Imgur" and YouTube and a couple others that have an Embed command so I'm not sure if this has any bearing on it or not.

Anybody have a clue where to go from here?

whenever I so much as touch the mouse the SPINNING WHEEL thing starts again.

Does it matter what's hanging it up and what else can I do to stop this very annoying spinner?

I try to take heart in getting the two disk repair/permissions repair to work but its not the answer obviously. I really need/want my computer back.

Thanks for any help you can offer me.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Enable right click to a group of users on osx server? | Airport not installed »