New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

hsbc business internet banking login problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

whamup

whamup is on a distinguished road

does anyone use hsbc business internet banking? I can no longer login with safari 6, mozilla 15, or chrome. I get into the site, but the other pop up window with bank info never loads.
has anyone figured out a work around? I just got off tech support and she told me they are "updating" their site to only be compatible with internet explorer for the ease of their "global" community. Wow, that makes me want to switch banks by itself but is so much work.
Any work around solutions would be great.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Sounds like they don't care about those using the number 1 selling computer in the world at this point in time.

They're going backwards - all of the business sites I use that have been IE only have all upgraded their software over the past 2 years to be compatible with IE, FF and Safari.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

Winebottle and IE applet. I use it on my MBP for a couple sites that are still IE-only.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
IWT

Location: Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
IWT is a jewel in the roughIWT is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2010 27" iMac 16GB RAM, SSD & 1TB IHD (Lion) + 2013 27" iMac Fusion SSD & 3TB IHD, 32GB (Mavericks)

It hardly helps you to know that I have had this exact same experience with another banking group (ICICI). Only AFTER I opened an account with them did I discover that they only allow Windows IE as a means of access to my account (and even then, version 5). After much protest and numerous emails and 'phone calls, they permitted Firefox (version 4, I kid you not) to be used. Safari - out the question.

So I don't have a remedy, but you're not alone.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Deleting apps from Itunes | how can I bypass the kerberos active directory settings »