Thread: mac os x 10.5.8

mac os x 10.5.8
    Hi! I purchased my macbook in late 2008 early 2009 and I have the Mac os x 10.5.8 version and I want to update to mountain Lion! is it possible to do it at once?? does anybody know the procedure?

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    Nope, you need to have Snow leopard installed first, since you need to download Mountain Lion from the app store and its min requirement is Snow leopard 10.6

If you have another Mac with Snow Leopard or greater you can create a bootable USB drive with the installer on it, but you need to first download Mountain Lion from Apple on a Mac with Snow leopard or Lion installed
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Quote Originally Posted by louishen View Post
    Nope, you need to have Snow leopard installed first, since you need to download Mountain Lion from the app store and its min requirement is Snow leopard 10.6

If you have another Mac with Snow Leopard or greater you can create a bootable USB drive with the installer on it, but you need to first download Mountain Lion from Apple on a Mac with Snow leopard or Lion installed
    thx for your help!!! nice pic!

Thread Information