New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

icloud upgrade deleting me.com address

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

itfc56

itfc56 is on a distinguished road

Coming here for the first time to share a major problem with Apples introduction of icloud.com address for email. I've had a me.com alias that I set up as soon as mobile me was introduced and use as my main business and personal identity.
I'm UK based - last email that arrived in my in box 04.19 BST on 27/9. I was phoned by a client who told me that since then all emails sent to that addres are getting an error bounce-back "name not recognised". The alias has disappeard from the drop-down list apparantly replaced by name@icloud.com - which I never set up. No warning, no explanation on ICloud support.
Was away in France when it happened and at considerable cost in roaming phone and data costs have pursued through Apple support. While it has been acknowledged that it should not have happened and icloud should have been an added option not a replacement there remains some doubt if the alias can be reinstated.
My apple id name @mac, me and icloud all work but because it was initially set up many years ago on a shared family Mac it is not an individual email so not a useful alternative. When I became embedded using mobile.me for work scheduling etc. I wanted to change the apple id but couldn't so the alias was the best option and it has been my main email ever since.
While it appears only a small percentage of users are affected it is of huge significance for those who are.
Any thoughts welcome and in particular anyone know of ways round the formal systems to complain and get resolution and possibly in my case compensation for inconvenience and real costs.
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Upgrade from Mac o.s. x 10.5.8? | MBP SSD storage space "missing" »