New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Boot camp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AhmadR

AhmadR is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, I've searched all over the interweb, but I could'nt find a case similar to mine.

I started boot camp to install windows 7, as it starte, the screen turned black, and it said:
"No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key"
So I did.
But it is as if it doesn't recognize the windows cd.

SO, the question is: how do I get back to my Mac OS homescreen?
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Boot the machine while holding down the alt/option key.
After a while a selection of bootable drives should show up. Pick your Mac OS drive.
Mac OS X Things Startup Keys – Boot Options

Have you tried the CD on a different Machine - and Windows 7 should be a DVD - so if you tried burning an iso from MSDN or some such - it should have been burned to a DVD disk. You could also try making a bootable USB as well from the iso.
(An example from microsoft - but you'll need a windows pc to do it)
Microsoft Store Online
QUOTE Thanks
AhmadR

Dude, you saved my ***!
Thanks

The problem is, that it's an original windows dvd.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

What kind of Windows original DVD? It's either got to be a Microsoft boxed full version or an OEM System Builder's full version. Other versions probably will not work.
QUOTE Thanks
AhmadR

Chscag, it's: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - 64bit , but I'm hesitating on trying it again. Maybe I should try installing it on a windows computer first? I think I've got three licenses.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

If it's an MS Windows 7 64 bit version of Home Premium, it should work and be able to install from Boot Camp. There may be a problem with your optical drive. You can try it on a Windows machine if you want, but don't install it. Just see if it can boot the Win box and enter the install screen.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Do not partition that way. Start BootCamp Assistant, print and read the guidelines, download drivers and burn to a CD and proceed from there allowing BootCamp to set up the petition. Select the Bootcamp partition and format NTFS and your Windowsa 7 disc should then auto install.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Blue Tooth | Trash bypass »