New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Problems with System Extensions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Shrey

Shrey is on a distinguished road

Hello Guys,
I was wondering if some can help with the error
System Extension Cannot be used
"/System/Library/Extensions/CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used.Please try reinstalling it,or contact the product's vendor for an update.

I running 10.8.2 on my Macbook Pro and having difficulties installing my new Wacom Intuos Pen tablet software on it. I have tried reinstalling it several times but dint really help me.

Any Help will be much appreciated,
Many Thanks
Shrey
MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey View Post

I running 10.8.2 on my Macbook Pro and having difficulties installing my new Wacom Intuos Pen tablet software on it. I have tried reinstalling it several times but dint really help me.
Have you checked the Wacom Tablets box or manufacturers website…to confirm that it's compatible with OS 10.8.2?

Since OS 10.8 was only released a few months ago…and the software in the box may not be 10.8 compatible…the manufacturers website may have more updated software for the tablet.

- Nick

p.s. Even the message you got (in bold in your post)…says to check the manufacturers/vendors website.

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Shrey

Hello Nick
Yes, I downloaded the latest driver from Wacom website which was updated yesterday.
The same thing happened when I tried updating the latest version of iTunes and i dint really work.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hello Nick
Yes, I downloaded the latest driver from Wacom website which was updated yesterday.
Can we assume that this driver is Mountain Lion compatible (you didn't say exactly)?

If the latest software isn't working…maybe:

- contacting the manufacturer
- checking out the manufacturers FAQ section
- or checking out the manufacture's forum (if they have one)

…would be the next step.

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
Shrey

Hi Nick
I just restarted my Mac after downloading the latest driver from the Wacom site for the 4th time and luckily its all set up perfectly fine. Unplugged my tablet few times and plugged it back. It's picking up it up great.

Cheers !
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Hi Nick
I just restarted my Mac after downloading the latest driver from the Wacom site for the 4th time and luckily its all set up perfectly fine. Unplugged my tablet few times and plugged it back. It's picking up it up great.
Well that sounds great!

Sounds like it must have been some sort "strange" procedural thing (software install, reboot, plug/unplug the tablet). The important thing is it's working…congrats!

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
Shrey

Cheers Nick
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« re-downloading iMessage for OS X 10.8 | iPhone - iTunes - Mac Problem »