Track pad going crazy
    I have a MacBook Pro and one day the track pad had a mind of its own I couldn't control the cursor. It would double click and move the cursor on it own. Took it to the am store they removed the back cover and said that it looked like someone spilled coke on the CPU and they don't replace one part at a time so they said I needed a new logic board top case and battery? Everything works fine. It holds a charge. It just ha a mind of its own. Can I clean it and what should I replace first

27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    Did you actually spill something on it?

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

i have little ones running around so its possible. the only thing wrong is the mouse has a mind of its own it will click on its own and move and jump

The mac store took the back cover off and saw the what they called a sticky liquid. and recommended that i replace the logic board top cover and battery. It sounds like they just want to replace anything that had the liquid on it.

Nambucca Heads Australia
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.11.1.
    The suggested replacements would be the only way to be sure it does not die completely. Electronics and liquids do not mix.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Thread Information