New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Need help for my Mac book!!!!!!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macmi

macmi is on a distinguished road

Bought a new hard disk inserted it into my macbook, tried installing the mac os x from the cd drive by pressing key c down- chosed use English for main language but it only shows preparing information for a very short period and writes Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer. Please i need help!!!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Need to know exactly what computer model you have (need to know more than just "MacBook")…what OS version is currently installed on it…and what OS version you are trying to install.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
macmi

I'm using model A1181 and i am trying to install Mac os x version 10.6.1

what can i do????? it was showing folder with a question option ay first b4 i found out it was the hard disk, bought a new sata hard disk now but doesn't install. Help!!!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmi View Post
what can i do????? it was showing folder with a question option ay first b4 i found out it was the hard disk, bought a new sata hard disk now but doesn't install. Help!!!
Did the new hard drive install go well (did you do it or a repair shop)?

Did you format the new hard drive to be used with a Macintosh computer (Mac OS Extended Journaled)?

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
macmi

Yes i did from disks utility option. When i restart the system and try to install the mac os x it says the same thing. Pls help me. I don't kwn if i could install the mac os x from the disk utility into the hdd. Help me!!!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

What DVD's are you using to install? Did they come WITH your Macbook? If not is it a Full Retail Snow Leopard DVD or a model specific GRAY DVD?
QUOTE Thanks
macmi

It is not the cd that came with the macbook, that one is lost. It's a grey cd with white border cycle around the edge

can this one be useful??? If yes please tell give me procedured and if no how can i geta replacement cd. There are no mac book store around me. Please help me!!!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I hope you did not pay for that DVD as the GRAY ones are Model Specific. That is why you are getting that error.

What you need is a Retail Snow Leopard DVD. Apple used to sell them for $29. Maybe if you call Apple and tell them your issue, they will do that for you.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
I hope you did not pay for that DVD as the white ones are Model Specific. That is why you are getting that error.
I sure you meant "gray ones" are model specific. We've answered this question MANY times!

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmi View Post
can this one be useful??? If yes please tell give me procedured and if no how can i geta replacement cd. There are no mac book store around me. Please help me!!!
Read this sticky (and look at the photos):

"What OS Disk Do I Need?" A Brief Overview

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
I sure you meant "gray ones" are model specific. We've answered this question MANY times!

- Nick
No Pink actually!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how to recover data?? | My Mac speaks to me when coming out of sleep. I think it's French. »