Thread: Client DataBase

Client DataBase
    I have a friend who has decided to use mac computers within their company and they are asking me whats the best way for them to create a client database. Any ideas guys as far as I know its only going to run on one computer so it doesn't need to be on a network and I believe he is looking for something similar to a library data bases where you can search up a name and it will come up with a list, sort of like a massive excel spreadsheet. Any suggestions on software or ways of doing this would be much appreciated thanks.

Hi,
    Although I'm currently using the Address Book it is very simplistic and if I had the inclination I would use Filemaker Pro or Bento.

There is a link here Business databases for iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web | FileMaker (United Kingdom)

Would it be hard make one and then run it though open office? I believe I have seen it done before but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Firejack View Post
    Would it be hard make one and then run it though open office? I believe I have seen it done before but I'm not sure.
    I shouldn't have thought so. I used to make quotation templates up by setting up a Word doc with some nice headers and footers and then inserting excel price lists with some simple formulas into it. So you could do similar things with contacts and be able to run a search.

There is some cool online stuff out there at the moment. Have a look at this Online Project Management | Smartsheet

I have a business associate who uses this successfully. Ok there is a subscription to pay which may be an unnecessary on-cost for a small business but you can have different collaborators and users and it's a proper business management tool.

If it's just a list your friend is after then they can use their native applications quite easily for no cost (well their time I guess).

Ok i'll look into it and let you know how it goes thanks for all the help

Thread Information