downgrading with original disks

I have a MBP that came with 10..4.x. It currently runs 10.7.x. I have the original disks and cannot find a method for downgrading. Apple's Genius' suggestions were not effective.

Any suggestions would be appreciated; I need to be able to use software for my Nikon Film Scanner and their software is not compatible with 10.7 or Mountain Lion and I really don't want to buy 3d party scanner software if I can avoid it. And lastly, I haven't been able to find anything at Sourceforge.

Help please...

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by intepid View Post
    I have a MBP that came with 10..4.x. It currently runs 10.7.x. I have the original disks and cannot find a method for downgrading. Apple's Genius' suggestions were not effective.

Any suggestions would be appreciated; I need to be able to use software for my Nikon Film Scanner and their software is not compatible with 10.7 or Mountain Lion and I really don't want to buy 3d party scanner software if I can avoid it. And lastly, I haven't been able to find anything at Sourceforge.

Help please...
    If you have the original disks (as in the EXACT set that came with your MBP) or a retail (black disk) Tiger set, all you have to do is boot off of the OS install disk 1, enter Disk Utility and reformat (erase) the HD to Mac OS Extended Journalled, and then install Tiger.

Is the Nikon Software compatible with Snow Leopard, OS X 10.6?
    If so, Apple will still sell you a DvD for $29 if you call their online sales.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Perhaps there is a secret to getting the computer to "boot from the disc." Yes they are the originals that came with the new computer in its box...

Thanks!

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Insert your OS DVD, restart the MBP and hold down the Option key while it is restarting. It should come up with a couple of choices to boot from, one of which should be the OS DVD.

EDIT: Some additional reference info on boot up choices
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1533
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Will do and will report...

Thanks,

Dan

well all I got was a bunch of blue and black jagged lines and some gibberish across the screen at several lines...

There may be a picture attached here...not sure if I was successful in getting it to upload. It worked..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Specs:
    That definitely isn't supposed to happen!

Thread Information