Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Sep 25, 2012
    Posts
    2
    reinstaling Mac book pro
    Dear Friends

    I have a MACBOOK PRO with os mountain lion on it but it is giving issues
    thinking of reinstalling

    when i bought this it came with Snow Leopard and i do have cd's for it

    For reinstalling do i have to start with snow leopard and update with Lion and again with Mountain Lion or do i have a way of installing a mountain straight on it

    please help me

    with regards

  2. #2

    MYmacROX's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 17, 2009
    Posts
    3,625
    Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    You can reinstall just ML, but it would make more sense (and probably be easier) to address whatever issues you are having with the MBP first.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

    Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

  3. #3

    pigoo3's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 20, 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    34,822
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by krushna View Post
    Dear Friends

    I have a MACBOOK PRO with os mountain lion on it but it is giving issues
    thinking of reinstalling

    when i bought this it came with Snow Leopard and i do have cd's for it

    For reinstalling do i have to start with snow leopard and update with Lion and again with Mountain Lion or do i have a way of installing a mountain straight on it
    If you purchased ML via a Mac App Store download. Then there should be no problems…since you should have made a bootable ML installer on a USB stick just for these sort of occasions. Or maybe now is a good time to re-download ML…and make one!

    - Nick

    p.s. FWIW…you do also have the ML recovery partition.

    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

  4. #4


    Member Since
    Sep 25, 2012
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    If you purchased ML via a Mac App Store download. Then there should be no problems…since you should have made a bootable ML installer on a USB stick just for these sort of occasions. Or maybe now is a good time to re-download ML…and make one!

    - Nick

    p.s. FWIW…you do also have the ML recovery partition.

    OS X: About OS X Recovery
    thanks for the advice and can you please explain in creating a bootable usb

  5. #5

    pigoo3's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 20, 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    34,822
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by krushna View Post
    thanks for the advice and can you please explain in creating a bootable usb
    Sure thing...here's one example of the process:

    How to create a bootable, backup Mountain Lion install disk | Ars Technica

    If this procedure doesn't work for you (if you find it confusing)...you can find MANY more by doing an internet search (Google).

    - Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Reinstaling Mac OS 10.4
    By zks in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 11:03 AM
  2. New Mac Book Pro Slower boot than Old Mac Book Pro
    By ChalexJeep in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 09:00 PM
  3. Mac Book unibody or Mac Book Pro (early 2008)?
    By miu in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-06-2008, 12:26 PM
  4. Help with Verizon Aircards for Power Book G4 & Mac Book Pro
    By brucie1dog in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 12:59 AM
  5. Mac Book Mac Book Pro Differences?
    By poomaster in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-23-2008, 11:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •