New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Configuring a touchpad gesture to cycle through applications?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

maxmac5

maxmac5 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

New to the forums and (relatively) new to OSX in general. Truth is, I've had a 2011 Air (Lion) since this time last year but have never really got down to configuring it properly.

So the thing is still pretty clunky. I've got a few cool things working - e.g Quicksilver... but I love the touchpad gestures and was hoping I could configure a gesture to let me cycle through my open applications.

Much like cmd+tab but instead of going to the application switcher, I just want to cycle lazily until the correct window is active.

I started to use BetterTouchTool but it seems I first need to configure a keyboard shortcut to do this same action. Any ideas how I can do this???

Thanks for your time/ responses in advance. Will be very useful
QUOTE Thanks
maxmac5

maxmac5 is on a distinguished road

Guys, have solved my own problem. The 'move to active or next window' shortcut (found in system preferences --> keyboard) does this. NB. different to 'move to next window' which cycles windows within the same application.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iphoto will not open (searching for photos?) | Snow leopard trackpad gestures on Mountain Lion »