New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Mountain Lion Dowload Stopped at 1/2 way

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ila

Ila is on a distinguished road

I've tried for 2 days to download the latest version of Mountain Lion. The first time it got maybe 1/4 of the way and then I got a message that it ouldn't be downloaded. I restarted it and it got aobut the same amount and got the same message. I restarted and this morning it was 1/2 way and just stopped. No message. I just paused it and restarted hoping to jog it into dowloading the rest.

My concern is two fold. First, will it ever download completely. Second, with all the starting and stopping will it be corrupted.

This is my first Mac, bought in December of 2011. I'm kinda out of my element with all this.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Could be a permissions issue, try repairing permissions on the disk using disk utility.

Also, if you live near an Apple store you can go in and get them to download it on their network

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
Ila

I've never used the disk utility but will try that. I wish I did live near an Apple store but the closest one is several hours away.

If it downloads this time, is there any concern that it will be a corrupted file since it's been restarted so many times?
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

No, the apple download will always verify itself before finishing

And its a good idea to run disk utility about one a month

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
Ila

I aso thought of something else. It seems to do OK during the day but stopped last night. I changed the power saver from shuttin down the hard drive when it could to leaving it on. I've had that problem before with the Windows computer. I hope that this is the major problem but I will run the disk utility too. Thanks for your help.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

If your computer goes to sleep it can drop the network, especially wireless, so that could be the problem

QUOTE Thanks
Ila

That's exactly what the problem was. It's finished downloading and installing right now.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Applescript/Automator turn off internet | Mac OS X version 10.5.8, processor 1.8 GHz PowerPC G5 »