Question Going For The Gold -g5 Ideas?
    OK- so heres the unsual question: Does anyone out there know how I can get an official letter from Apple saying "Yes the G5 is the only way you can complete your work successfully." ???

So I am working on this project that involves artists internationally, lots of 3-d rendering, live video rendering, and internet movies with virtual environments.

That said, I am limited now by my wonderful but small ibook which has started things effectively, but is moving very slow to handle all the apps I have to run-final cut pro-sketchup-dreamweaver photoshop etc.... We mac users know I need it, my collegues know I need it, but will the PC people believe me without the joy of mac.... I need something that I can expand over time endlessly as the work progresses.

This is where it gets wierd....
    Does anybody out there work for Apple? So I want (need) a letter from a mac consultant for a grant that I am applying for this spring. I went to the mac store in Rotterdam but they gave me a simple estimate and said they couldn't add text.

So- I am fishing for ideas.... I'll order my G5 etc.. from whoever can help me out... or random acts of brilliance and ideas in kindness are also appreciated.

Best_ M3

1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
    I don't beleive they can write you a letter saying that getting a mac is the ONLY way to complete your work successfully. I do beleive you can just get estimates on both PC and Apple and still apply for the grant and they should still give you enough to purchase either.

Thumbs up Thanks
    Yes- I suppose I am asking for too much intervention. But maybe since my partner and I both are using Macs it will seem a mute question to take on a whole other way of working....

Thread Information