New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Going For The Gold -g5 Ideas?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mkwick

OK- so heres the unsual question: Does anyone out there know how I can get an official letter from Apple saying "Yes the G5 is the only way you can complete your work successfully." ???

So I am working on this project that involves artists internationally, lots of 3-d rendering, live video rendering, and internet movies with virtual environments.
http://www.transmissionproject.com

That said, I am limited now by my wonderful but small ibook which has started things effectively, but is moving very slow to handle all the apps I have to run-final cut pro-sketchup-dreamweaver photoshop etc.... We mac users know I need it, my collegues know I need it, but will the PC people believe me without the joy of mac.... I need something that I can expand over time endlessly as the work progresses.

This is where it gets wierd....
Does anybody out there work for Apple? So I want (need) a letter from a mac consultant for a grant that I am applying for this spring. I went to the mac store in Rotterdam but they gave me a simple estimate and said they couldn't add text.

So- I am fishing for ideas.... I'll order my G5 etc.. from whoever can help me out... or random acts of brilliance and ideas in kindness are also appreciated.

Best_ M3
QUOTE Thanks
sKaD

sKaD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram

I don't beleive they can write you a letter saying that getting a mac is the ONLY way to complete your work successfully. I do beleive you can just get estimates on both PC and Apple and still apply for the grant and they should still give you enough to purchase either.

sKaD
QUOTE Thanks
mkwick

Yes- I suppose I am asking for too much intervention. But maybe since my partner and I both are using Macs it will seem a mute question to take on a whole other way of working....
-M3
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« YES! I"M GETTING PANTHER! | Speakerphone? »