New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

can't use time machine to find photos

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lostloon

lostloon is on a distinguished road

I have snow leopard (Mac OS X 10.6) and iPhoto '09. I recently started the iPhoto application and then invoked Time Machine to restore a picture, but Time Machine won't show me any photos in my library.

While in Time Machine I see the reduced-size iPhoto window, with "iPhoto" in the title at the top center of the window. On the upper left side of the window I see "iPhoto" in blue along with the regular iPhoto logo and a spiral of death. The body of the window is empty (white) except for the words "Loading photos..." I am able to switch to an earlier date in Time Machine, but I see the same thing -- an empty (white) window with just "Loading photos..."

I have been able to use Time Machine to restore photos in the past. I have a lot of photos in my iPhoto library (22,323 items) and I am still able to access them just fine with iPhoto, but I am really concerned that I can no longer rely on Time Machine for my iPhoto backups.

I thought it might just need a long time to load the library because I have so many photos, so I let it run all night, but it was still spiraling away when I came down this morning.

My Time Machine backs up to an external hard drive, and it is working fine for other applications.

Any suggestions? I am new to Mac Forums, so if I have posted this question in the wrong place, please advise.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
sandyhanson

sandyhanson is on a distinguished road

I have the same question as the one posted above. Was there an answer?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help with this error on startup | Zoom In »