New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Screensaver

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Spally

Spally is on a distinguished road

I've just updated from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion and can't seem to select iphoto as the folder for screensaver pictures.

I've looked on the internet for similar problems and although I can find instances of the same thing, it's not clear if it's the exact same situation.

I have a 2009 iMac and am using the version of iphoto that came with it - I have not changed the file location of this either.

Is it possible to have your iphoto pictures as your screensaver?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Iphoto puts your library in the Pictures folder (Users > Yourname > Pictures)

Select a style and add that folder

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
Spally

Thanks for that, although it doesn't seem to work.

I can see "iphoto library" in the location you say, but if I select it the screensaver just shows "no photos"??
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

I see what you mean

Its not selecting any sub folders, I'll see if I can send a bug report to Apple

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
Spally

Thanks for your help
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

I have sent feedback, if you want to add to it then go to this link

Apple - Mac OS X - Feedback

QUOTE Thanks
Marcvdv

Marcvdv is on a distinguished road

Is there any news?
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

So I just tried this - with iPhoto 11 Version 9.4.2 (710.42)

I can select one of the slideshow screensavers. Then click sources -> at the bottom is Photo Library. This brings up a photo chooser which includes iPhoto and any of my linked accounts including facebook, flickr, and Photostream. If I select iPhoto -> then I get all my iPhoto pictures.

If I try and use choose folder - then I get the same problem - photos have to exist in that folder for the screensaver to see it. It doesn't do subfolders.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't Remove Partition in Disk Utility | Remote support of 10.8 from a PC »