New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Problem attaching photos to Email

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Paleomanjim

Paleomanjim is on a distinguished road

Hello, I have a Macbook Air with Mac OS X Version 10.7.4. I attempted to attach a JPG photo (around 700K) to a Yahoo email. I clicked on "Choose file" and selected a photo to attach. Then I clicked on "attach". I keep getting the message "There was a problem!" "Invalid File specified. Please try again". I was previously able to attach photos with no problem. Now I cannot. I tried other JPG photos with the same results. I fired up my old windows PC and was able to send the same photo using Yahoo, so the problem seems to be with my Mac. Any ideas? Thanks much....
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.2

For what is worth, assuming the photo is in iPhoto or such, make a copy on the desktop and hit the attach button and it should appear as an option to attach. Sorry not familiar with Yahoo is it possible they have a maximum size for the attachment?>

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
Paleomanjim

Paleomanjim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
For what is worth, assuming the photo is in iPhoto or such, make a copy on the desktop and hit the attach button and it should appear as an option to attach. Sorry not familiar with Yahoo is it possible they have a maximum size for the attachment?>
Thanks, I just tried your suggestion and it works! Still, I would like to be able to send multiple photos without having to drop them each on the desktop. I have the photos in my pictures folder which was already on the Macbook when I purchased it a few months ago. Yahoo maximum attachment size is 25MB so I am well under that. Thanks....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Panic (Debugger) ?? Thunderbolt upgrade shut me down... What do I do ?? | External display (TV) not working in Mountain Lion »