New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

how to unblock plugins

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

espirituangie

espirituangie is on a distinguished road

how can I unblock plug ins in my macpro ox?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

What sort of plugins? Which app? What's blocking them?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
jbdale761

jbdale761 is on a distinguished road

I belive it is adobe Plug In that is blocked... It says to download , which I did several times but to no avail.....Thanks...
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Is this in Safari? Which version?

Are you getting a particular error message when you visit certain web pages?

Does the problem remain if you visit the same page in Google Chrome browser?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Bammabits

Bammabits is on a distinguished road

Hello, I have developed this same problem just out of the blue! I have done nothing else new except for having downloaded the newest operating system a week ago....

I am using Safari and receive no error messages other than 'plugin blocked'. this happens when I am trying to view a video someone has shared on Facebook. It also happens when I am on a site called 'calorie count.'

Any help will be appreciated - thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Go to Safari > Preferences > Security > make sure "Enable plug-ins" is checked.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Bammabits

Bammabits is on a distinguished road

Thanks, but it turns out that my Adobe was out of date....That program is very quick to cripple you if the update request is not immediately responded to!

Thanks for the input
Bamma
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« save as in OSX 10.7.4 | very important question »