New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Running Mountain Lion on a native Lion.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Emily3859

Emily3859 is on a distinguished road

I have a Mac running Lion and I'm wondering if upgrading to Mountain Lion on this mac will slow it down. It's a 4.05 GB download / install, and will installing this OS make my computer slower since it already has Lion? I got this Mac in October 2011, so it's still fairly new. My computer isn't slow, it runs all my games & loads web pages super fast. I just don't want to download Mountain Lion for all the awesome features & pay $20 to realize that it's slowed my $1,800 computer down. I like Lion, but I want Mountain Lion because of iMessage & the AirPlay feature, because I'm getting an Apple TV for me and my boyfriend to use on our new TV we got on Craigslist (LOL).

My main question: Will downloading / installing / using OS X Mountain Lion on my OS X Lion Macintosh laptop make my computer run slower?
QUOTE Thanks
derekeverett

derekeverett is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 3.1 ghz i5, 12 gb 1333 mhz & iPhone 4s

I can tell you the upgrade to ML from Lion made my computer faster. Feels snappier anyway.

I will mention that I did a clean install.. not sure if that plays a part in it... probably a small one anyway.

I would recommoned the upgrade if you know what your doing... but you don't have to do it today.
QUOTE Thanks
Emily3859

Emily3859 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekeverett View Post
I can tell you the upgrade to ML from Lion made my computer faster. Feels snappier anyway.

I will mention that I did a clean install.. not sure if that plays a part in it... probably a small one anyway.

I would recommoned the upgrade if you know what your doing... but you don't have to do it today.
How would I go about doing a clean install?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need help with iCloud on used MBP | free disc space »