Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    Imac 27 3.8, Ipad 3, MacBook Pro 15"retina, iPhone 5
    dock on mountain lion
    installed mountain lion last night. all went smoothly
    imac 24 early 2009
    however i noticed an issue with the dock. when i got open apps or progs , the dots that sit underneath them are only just visible. they are on the edge of the dock instead of underneath the app. anyone else noticed this
    one other thing i noticed was
    when i created the bootable drive for mountain i deleted the lion one. after installing i partitioned the drive to create bootable lion and mountain lion on same drive
    but for some reason i can now not recreate a lion bootable drive in mountain lion??????

Specs:
    15" MBP 2011, i7, 8gigs RAM, OS 10.11 iPhone 6s, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by markyb View Post
    imac 24 early 2009
    however i noticed an issue with the dock. when i got open apps or progs , the dots that sit underneath them are only just visible. they are on the edge of the dock instead of underneath the app. anyone else noticed this
    when i created the bootable drive for mountain i deleted the lion one. after installing i partitioned the drive to create bootable lion and mountain lion on same drive
    but for some reason i can now not recreate a lion bootable drive in mountain lion??????
    I have noticed the dock issue you mentioned... Not a huge deal, just a little irritating...

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    I see what you are talking about and noticed it in the first 5 minutes, but it really does not bug me, as I can still tell which apps are running.

Down the line someone might come up with something to put it back the way it was. Who knows!

Ya, it'd be nice to at least change the color or the new "block" that now tells you which apps are open. The blueish white washes out too easily and takes some time to notice them all...

Well, it is part of the OS...
    Signed,
    joeelectricity

iOwn

Specs:
    MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
    Took me a few minutes to adjusted to the new look Dock. Instead of a translucent Dock, we have an aluminum panel dock with rectangular lights. Similar to the front edge of your MBP. The lights will appeared corresponding to each open apps.

Once my eyes adjusted to what it is, I have no problem identifying the lights on the front edge of the Dock.

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    I had not really noticed the change till I read this thread. I do find the new indicator a bit less noticeable. Not likely to be a big issue for me though. I didn't really notice the old one much.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Specs:
    15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
    I didn't even know there was a change as I don't use the dock indicators. If an app is in my dock, its running. I use Alfred to launch my apps.
    Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    I absolutely hate the new Dock. It lacks the depth and visual interest of the old Dock, not to mention that the running apps indicators are nearly impossible to see at a glance. To add insult to injury, you can't even skin it back to the way it used to look.

Hate to say it, but this might finally be the straw that makes me move back to Snow Leopard, where the OS was actually functional and good looking.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

yeah, its hard to tell which app is running.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    The free "SuperDocker" still works somewhat. It won't change the color or depth of the Dock any longer but it still works for the application indicators. I chose a red indicator so I could see it easily.

Specs:
    Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
    I read this entire thread having no idea what anyone was talking about. My dock is on the right hand side of the screen. Since most documents are in portrait format and most monitors are in landscape format, I consider the space at the bottom of the screen to be of premium value. I keep the dock on the right side of the screen in the space that is hardly ever used. I mention this because it appears that if you switch to a vertical dock, you get the old style back. Apple changed the horizontal dock, but didn't bother to change the vertical one.

Specs:
    15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaygray View Post
    I read this entire thread having no idea what anyone was talking about. My dock is on the right hand side of the screen. Since most documents are in portrait format and most monitors are in landscape format, I consider the space at the bottom of the screen to be of premium value. I keep the dock on the right side of the screen in the space that is hardly ever used. I mention this because it appears that if you switch to a vertical dock, you get the old style back. Apple changed the horizontal dock, but didn't bother to change the vertical one.
    The vertical docks are 2D docks, where the horizontal dock is 3D.
    Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10

Quote Originally Posted by markyb View Post
    imac 24 early 2009
    This is my biggest frustration with mountain lion (thankfully, it is a rather small one) I rely on the dot indicators so I know what to close when I needed to free up some processing power on my ageing mac... now it's just a bit of a pain to see
    the dock in general just isn't quite as good :/

the other problem is that spotlight is a bit less responsive, has anyone else noticed this?

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Press command-tab to see what apps are open. Press the tab to move between them. Move the finger you have on the tab to the q to quit them.

Thread Information