New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Email password error message???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dazmond66

Dazmond66 is on a distinguished road

Im running OS X Lion and i keep getting this error message.....(The Yahoo! IMAP server “imap.mail.yahoo.com” rejected the password for user ). the password I'm entering is correct but i keep getting this message every 2 or 3 minutes requesting my password and its driving me mad, any help would me much appreciated .
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Are you using port 993 (SSL) ?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Dazmond66

Yes i am mate.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Have you tried changing your password?
Or
removing then re-adding the account?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Dazmond66

i was thinking of removing then re-adding the account? ill give that a try. thanks for your response.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I would first go direct to the Yahoo IMAP server via its web address and change the password from there. Removing the account and re-adding it should be the last thing to try.
QUOTE Thanks
x5tdr

x5tdr is on a distinguished road

I have started getting the same password errors on 4 different email addresses with different suppliers, so I expect its a lion software issue!
QUOTE Thanks
doclcsw

doclcsw is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15

I am having the same error message with my yahoo account. Everything was fine for a month or so. then I began to get the error message at an increasing frequency. Now it won't log in and retrieve mail from yahoo at all. my gmail account is working fine. I have deleted and re-installed the account. I have changed the password at yahoo. still get error message. The account is linked to an att.net account with same login/password combo. I get same error if I delete the yahoo account and install the att.net account. What's up? I'm a recent convert from PC and Outlook. I like apple mail better except for this problem.

David
MacBook Pro 15.4
2.6/2x4GB/750/SD/HR-AG
QUOTE Thanks
joeg679

joeg679 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 6-2011, iPad 1, 2&3, iPhone 4s, ATV2

I had this problem all the time on Lion. I changed the pw, deleted and added the account and nothing worked. Now, I noticed that I am getting the error on Mountain Lion.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« mountain lion very pleased | "Empty Cache " »