New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Help with Media Center Server

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

superfiercelink

superfiercelink is on a distinguished road

Hey,
Lately I have been having issues getting my external hard drive on my network to function correctly with my mac (OSX Leopard, 10.5.8). I am currently using a Linksys E4200 router with a Western Digital External Hard drive (1.5 TB) formated in FAT32 (I am 10000000% positive it is FAT32) as a hard drive on the network. I get onto the HD by connecting to the network (Finder -> Go -> Connect to Server) and login into the server (HD). It logs me in fine, and the HD shows up on the network (192.168.1.1 under the Shared pin on the left side of finder). I can read everything just fine and can execute anything that is on there. Anytime I attempt to write a file to the HD with Finder, I immediately get an error message saying,

"The Operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for some of the items."

Well, before clicking OK on the message, I checked to see if the file actually wrote to the HD through terminal. Lo and behold, the file has completely copied. The moment I click OK, it gets deleted. So, I attempt to copy the files using terminal. I fiddle around for a minute, and shazam, it works perfectly. It wrote correctly and the file is visible by everyone on the network. I need help to figure out why Finder is not allowing me to copy this. And as some added info, I just reinstalled OSX(to just get a clean wipe and to speed things up), so there should be no issues associated with long use of the mac. Any help will do

Thanks guys!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« erratic mouse & touchpad on Macbook Pro 2010 | macbook pro acpi error »