New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Can't "save as" emails

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

LynetteRuns

LynetteRuns is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac

I'm needing to create various pre-made emails to send to my clients. For example, one email will be their log-in information for their online photo gallery. I've created this email but when I go to save it, the "save as" option is not available, only the "save" or "save as stationery" options are available. I just switched from PC to Mac a week ago.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Why do you need to "save as" ?? When i do a pre-made email and I'm done with it, i click the red button top left and brings up a prompt "don't save", "cancel", or "save". This will save them to your drafts folder. If you then open it up and decide to write more in the email, you can click the red dot again and the corrections/additions you made will be automatically saved for you in the same drafts folder as the same email..
HTH and welcome to the forums

Cheers

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
LynetteRuns

ThanksTattooedMac for replying. I've been working on learning so many different things on this Mac today that I might get this mixed up a little. But I want to say that I did "save" the pre-made email as a draft, but then I sent the email and it was not available in my drafts folder anymore? I send the same 10 emails to every client. So I need to find a way to pre-create each email, save it as an editable draft, then open it up for each client & include dates, log-in info, & various other unique details for each client.

I did try and just forward the email I had created to another client, but when I hit forward, it changed all my text in my previously sent message to a blue color. I like to color coordinate my links, passwords, etc. to go with my photo header & footer, so turning all my text to an ugly blue color won't work for me. And I don't have the time to change it all back every time.

Are there by chance different email utility apps that I can use in place of the one that came with my Mac? I don't use email on my iPhone so compatibility wouldn't matter to me.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Ahh no worries. Apple does tighten the ropes on certain thing but here is a good list, and to let you know i have heard good things about Thunderbird on this forum. Worth the look.

Someone could chime in with a answer for you that use the Mac Mail App for more than just send and receive emails and that exactly what i use it for. Nothing special like you.

Cheers

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

Are you just not understanding what "stationery" is?
QUOTE Thanks
LynetteRuns

Chas_m ... I saved it initially as a "stationery" and closed the app, re-opened the app, opened that "stationery" but that option does not allow me to change the text. It's basically just an image of my entire previously created email.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How Can I Make A Terminal Command Permanent? | Can't get Flash to work on G4 PPC. »