New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Move recovery partition to start op hdd

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Thymen

Thymen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27" i5 3.1GHz / 1TB HDD / 16GB RAM / Model 12.2 / Mavericks 10.9

For dabbling with Ubuntu, I resized the original hdd partition to a smaller size. The available free space was used to install Ubuntu. Played around with it for a while, encountered some problems that I cannot solve.

After I removed everything, I an left with a hdd where the first partition is reserved for OSX, the next for the recovery partition. The rest is free space. Must have been during the installation that the recovery partition was moved....

I cannot increase the size of the OSX partition because the recovery partition needs to be either at the beginning or the end of the hdd.... and hdd utility does not let me dot that.

How do I get back to the original situation?

Thymen

Edit: never mind; it appears to be part of the Linux / Bootcamp installation stuff, not the OSX recovery partition. So I just erased it like the rest, and resized the OSX partition using Disk Utility.

Already wondered, because the OSX recovery partition is supposed to be hidden...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Developer Blues - MacBookPro - need ideas | grey screen on start up after upgrade failed »