New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Boot Menu List

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rustyk123

rustyk123 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro with Retina Display: Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB, 256GB, Mountain Lion

I am a technician, and I have never tested this. What I am trying to do is purchase a large Hard Drive or 2 and use them for setting up and configuring macs, as well as to troubleshoot. I would like to purchase something very large and put as many images on it as I can.

The Question I have is what is the limit on number of boot volumes in the Boot Menu when you hold alt/option during startup. if there is no know limit, would at least 20 be possible?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I don't know what the limit is, but it might be better to use a free boot manager program instead. Take a look at rEFIt, it's open source. It's somewhat difficult to get working right but once it's setup it's much easier than using option to choose which OS to boot from.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to use Time Machine? | Macbook on Windows Domain »