Lion Install on iMac 4.1
    Hi - Ive just upgraded the processor in my iMac 4 from core duo to intel core 2 duo - I done this so I could upgrade from Snow Leopard to Lion - when trying to purchase the ne OS from App Store I getthe message : & "This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer." - I have run disk utilities and no problems with HDD - I have enough RAM and also enough free space - can anyone offer any ideas as to where the error is - why doesn't the error message come with details or is there a way to find the cause for not being able to install Lion?

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    I suspect that the Lion installer is not aware of the upgraded processor. If I remember correctly this has happened in the past with machines that have processor upgrades. In the past someone has often been able to post a work around. I'm not sure there is one for Lion.
    "Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Lion install on Core 2 Duo iMac4.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
    I suspect that the Lion installer is not aware of the upgraded processor. If I remember correctly this has happened in the past with machines that have processor upgrades. In the past someone has often been able to post a work around. I'm not sure there is one for Lion.
    Thanks Slydude - I'll keep an aye open for a workaround - the error msg I got before the upgrade did mention it couldnt install because I needed a core 2 duo or one of the other compatible processors which was why I upgraded - the processor type has now gone from the error message but no replacement which would direct me to the source of the new problem

update: Slydude you were correct - I have found this link if useful to anyone:

http://vureyosx.blogspot.co.uk/2011/...on-107-on.html

....now off to purchase retail version on disk and try again when it arrives

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Good luck.
    "Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    @Alasdair:

You need to "fool" your System Profiler information in order to get Snow Leopard to install. Take a look at this article which may help: LINK

Thanks for tip
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    @Alasdair:

You need to "fool" your System Profiler information in order to get Snow Leopard to install. Take a look at this article which may help: LINK
    I gave the link a go but I couldnt find a way to get to

Double click SPPlatformReporter.spreporter/Contents/Resorces/English.Iproj

I can only get to the top level item (SPPlatformReporter.spreporter) which only opens the info window - is there a way to get to the project file in order to change it ?

Thread Information