New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

iPhoto folder

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

carlo1

carlo1 is on a distinguished road

I new in this forum and I have a question about some hide files(the pictures that I down load from my camera to iPhoto) store in my hard drive. When I down load the picture from my camera to my Mac OS X 10.4.11 using iPhoto, I don't know were the computer store the Library that contain the pictures.If I try to find the pictures with Finder I can't find them but if I drag my picture to Photoshop and I look with photoshop were my pictures are store I see that the pictures are store in my hard drive in a folder call Volume but the folder it isn't high light, infact when I open my hard drive to find that folder call Volume that should contain my pictures I can't find it.
Thank you for your help
Carlo
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

If you download from your camera to iPhoto, then don't worry where they are stored, just do everything from within iPhoto. Do you know that in iPhoto Preferences, you can set iPhoto to edit your pictures in Photoshop? All you do then, is double click on a photo in iPhoto and it opens up in Photoshop.

If you really, really want to know where they are, they are stored in Home Folder>Pictures>iPhoto Library(Snow Leopard). You'll need to right/ctrl click and select Show Package contents, to see inside.

Your photos will be in the Originals folder and any that you have edited will be in the Modified folder.

However, if you go messing about in those folders, you can seriously mess up iPhoto, so I would advise you to leave them alone and do everything from within iPhoto.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Powerbook G4 OS 10.3.9 | Lion Recovery not showing up on my Mac »