Specs:
    Mac Book, Alum.,13",Late 2008,4GB,Yosemite
    House Cleaning-Any Guidelines?
    I'm trying to clean up my MacBook, too much stuff. Where should I start, are there any how to's that I can use?

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    By too much stuff, what are you referring to? Too much music, movies, photos?

The reason we ask is because it's not recommended to start arbitrarily deleting things from your hard drive. That usually leads to trouble. Tell us what it is that you would like to remove.

Specs:
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    If you don't know what it is, don't delete it. If it's not a file (includes the above) think twice before you delete it. If you don't know the consequences of deleting it, don't.

Looking for an app to make these decisions for you sounds like the "easy" way. It can also lead to trouble.

Specs:
    Mac Book, Alum.,13",Late 2008,4GB,Yosemite
    I have 105 MB's on my Desktop. My Documents folder has 10.3 GB's (9 of which are a video project). Too much, just right or...wrong questions?

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekkojelly7 View Post
    I have 105 MB's on my Desktop. My Documents folder has 10.3 GB's (9 of which are a video project). Too much, just right or...wrong questions?
    As quoted above only delete files that you've created /added like those in Documents/pictures/video but only you can tell whether they are able to be deleted or perhaps moved to an external hard disk.

Another option is to uninstall any software you've added that you no longer need. Again, stick to apps you've installed and you know you don't use.

If you really can't remove things because you need to keep them you need to consider the external drive or replacement hard disk option.

Running the automated scripts in a tool like Onyx will safely clear down temp files, caches, etc.
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Thread Information