New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Epsom Drivers not working after upgrade to Snow Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

James Rowse

James Rowse is on a distinguished road

Hello
I'm having trouble getting my Epsom SX435W printer to work after upgrading from leopard to snow leopard. (I had intended going on up to lion but never got that far.) Anyway the printer is linked wirelessly to the printer. It will print a test print. It will scan a page but it will not actually print anything. When the printer fails to print this is what it says in the printer dialogue box under status.

Error/Library/Printers/EPSOM/InkjetPrinter2/Filter/pdftopdf2.app/Contents/pdftopdf2 failed

Can anyone tell me if this a driver issue? I've tried reloading the drivers from the machine when I got it. I've also tried updating the drivers.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

James
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

What you might do is completely remove the printer and reinstall it. Make sure the printer is attached using USB when you install it again and reload the drivers. Also double check that the drivers you downloaded are for Snow Leopard. Go directly to the Epson site for the drivers. Once the printer is working OK hooked by USB, you can try to go wireless with it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can you install OS X Snow Leopard from a Macbook onto a Macbook Pro? | Not booting after locking startup disk on only drive »