New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

iTunes OSX Lion Wifi Sync

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dbconfession

dbconfession is on a distinguished road

iTunes on my iMac OSX 10.7.4 cannot see my iPhone 4 when set to sync over wifi. Consider the following

- iTunes on my MB Air can see my iPad over wifi.
- iTunes on my MB Air can see my iPhone 4 over wifi.
- iTunes on my iMac (OSX Lion partition) can see my iPad over wifi.
* iTunes on my iMac (OSX Lion partition) CANNOT see my iPhone 4 over wifi.
- iTunes on my iMac (Windows XP partition) can see both my iPad and iPhone 4 over wifi.

Upon contacting Apple, they say that iTunes cannot be removed completely on Lion due to its core integration with the OS. After googling I did find instructions specifically for this which say that after force quitting iTunes Helper, to execute the following terminal command in the Applications folder: sudo rm -r iTunes.app.

This completely wiped iTunes. The subsequent download and install of iTunes took about 20 minutes. I had high hopes because I interpreted the long install time as all the old files actually having been removed and being replaced one by one.

In the end, however, everything remains. I still can't see my iPhone 4 in iTunes over Wifi on my iMac OSX Lion partition but can see it everywhere else.

My next and seemingly last option is to wipe the partition clean and do a fresh Lion install and then manually put back all my files form Time Machine in order to prevent corrupt iTunes files from being imported by doing a full restore from Time Machine. This will take forever as I have half a TB of data, and would be high inconveniencing because I need to use this computer to work.

Hardware/Software Specs
iMac: OSX Lion 10.7.4
MB Air: OSX Lion 10.7.4
iTunes Ver. (Win and OSX partitions): 10.6.1 (7)
iPhone iOS: 5.1.1
iPad iOS: 5.1

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Disk Space | Portable Digital Voice Recorder with Dragon »