Mac/PC File access

Mac/PC File access
    Hello, I am using OS X version 10.7.4.
    I create folders on my mac - Command N - and it creates folders that I can access on my network at work, however when other users try to open these folders, they can not. I do not have any special permissions set as far as I know, and do not know how to fix this problem. Also - as a side note, when I create folders through other programs (for example in photoshop when I save a file I can hit "create new file") and others can access those folders with out any problems.
    Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I've googled and have found nothing and don't know where to look to solve this issue. HELP!

Mac/PC File access
    Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air 2, AppleTV2
    It all depends on where those folders are created. When you create a folder, by default, it inherits permissions from it's parent folder.
    External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post

Mac/PC File access

Okay, but if I create a file in a parent folder directly from finder, it is not accessible by other users on the network, however if I create a folder through a program (i.e. - photoshop) in that same parent folder, that folder is accessible to other users.

and if I am creating folders on a network drive, there is no parent folder - so what permissions could it be inheriting? And how do i solve this problem?

Mac/PC File access
    Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air 2, AppleTV2
    Ok. I'm not clear about your setup (is the network drive managed by a server? Does it have access restrictions? Corporate environment? Are you the admin? Users - on your mac or on other macs/pcs? Etc )

But a good place to start is running repair permissions from disk utility.
    External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post

Thread Information