New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Can someone help me with this?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

aratie

aratie is on a distinguished road

I'm new to this forum and relatively new to mac. I bought a macbook pro last year and have been living happily ever after until about a week ago. Don't really know how to describe the problem, so I'll post attach a few snapshots.
This is happening all out of the blue. I have a suspect it may have a connection to google chome. When I ex. scroll down a website it might happen. And it affects everything. I'm not able to close any window or programs, and the "pixels or whatever I can call them" moves around when I move the cursor. But I'm not positive it's caused by chrome.. last time it happened when I used the "F3" key.
It's a huuuge problem right now, since I'm having my pathology exam in a few days and are totally dependent on looking up weird diseases.

Please please help me! Does anyone know anything about this? I've tried googling, but I don't know which terms to search for.

Appreciate all help I can get.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2012-06-06 at 1.28.07 AM.png (740.1 KB, 46 views)
File Type: png Screen shot 2012-06-06 at 1.15.00 AM.png (520.1 KB, 46 views)
QUOTE Thanks
aratie

Running snow leopard it that may help figuring out what's wrong.

And I'm sorry if I posted this tread in the wrong place.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Hi and welcome to the forum..

Try following both these instructions

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

Resetting your Mac's PRAM and NVRAM

And report back to us

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
aratie

Thank you! I've followed both, and will wait and see if the problem reoccurs today or tomorrow. It usually happens a few times during the day, so I'll know for sure tomorrow.
Yep, I'll report back!

Again, thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
aratie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aratie View Post
Thank you! I've followed both, and will wait and see if the problem reoccurs today or tomorrow. It usually happens a few times during the day, so I'll know for sure tomorrow.
Yep, I'll report back!

Again, thank you!

Haven't had any more problems! Seems like it worked out!
Thank you soooo much!!
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I was thinking there was some kind of graphic-related hardware problem. Looks like I was wrong thankfully.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aratie View Post
Haven't had any more problems! Seems like it worked out!
Thank you soooo much!!
Well its been 3 days on now and you havnt reported back. As they say, no news is usually good news . .. . . . Glad to be of some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
I was thinking there was some kind of graphic-related hardware problem. Looks like I was wrong thankfully.
For the OP's peace of mind, I'm glad it wasn't too.......

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How can Finder searches only bring up file names that match the term in Lion? | Imac will not download »