Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   OS X - Operating System (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/)
-   -   Can someone help me with this? (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/276363-can-someone-help-me.html)

aratie 06-05-2012 07:53 PM

Can someone help me with this?

2 Attachment(s)
I'm new to this forum and relatively new to mac. I bought a macbook pro last year and have been living happily ever after until about a week ago. Don't really know how to describe the problem, so I'll post attach a few snapshots.
This is happening all out of the blue. I have a suspect it may have a connection to google chome. When I ex. scroll down a website it might happen. And it affects everything. I'm not able to close any window or programs, and the "pixels or whatever I can call them" moves around when I move the cursor. But I'm not positive it's caused by chrome.. last time it happened when I used the "F3" key.
It's a huuuge problem right now, since I'm having my pathology exam in a few days and are totally dependent on looking up weird diseases.

Please please help me! Does anyone know anything about this? I've tried googling, but I don't know which terms to search for.

Appreciate all help I can get. :)

aratie 06-05-2012 07:57 PM

Running snow leopard it that may help figuring out what's wrong. :)

And I'm sorry if I posted this tread in the wrong place.

TattooedMac 06-05-2012 08:23 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum..

Try following both these instructions

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

Resetting your Mac's PRAM and NVRAM

And report back to us

Cheers

aratie 06-05-2012 09:23 PM

Thank you! I've followed both, and will wait and see if the problem reoccurs today or tomorrow. It usually happens a few times during the day, so I'll know for sure tomorrow.
Yep, I'll report back!

Again, thank you! :)

aratie 06-07-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aratie (Post 1411527)
Thank you! I've followed both, and will wait and see if the problem reoccurs today or tomorrow. It usually happens a few times during the day, so I'll know for sure tomorrow.
Yep, I'll report back!

Again, thank you! :)

Haven't had any more problems! Seems like it worked out! ;D
Thank you soooo much!! :)

Slydude 06-07-2012 01:11 PM

I was thinking there was some kind of graphic-related hardware problem. Looks like I was wrong thankfully.

TattooedMac 06-08-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aratie (Post 1412031)
Haven't had any more problems! Seems like it worked out! ;D
Thank you soooo much!! :)

Well its been 3 days on now and you havnt reported back. As they say, no news is usually good news . .. . . . Glad to be of some help :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slydude (Post 1412043)
I was thinking there was some kind of graphic-related hardware problem. Looks like I was wrong thankfully.

For the OP's peace of mind, I'm glad it wasn't too.......