Macbook Pro "Connection timeout occurred"

I'm currently working in the office and I am not able to connect to the wifi which the modem is literally in the same room as me.
    I'm using my phone's hotspot which I am probably going to get a very high bill for...
    I can't turn the modem on and off because I was told by my boss to not touch the modem, so i'm worried that if i do it might screw up the whole wifi connection for everyone.

Its weird, I can connect to the internet through my phone. both of them are able to connect. but it is only just my macbook pro that can't.

My macbook pro is currently running on OS X 10.7.4

I've tried the diagnostic and assist tests and it is still not working. I've gone on keychain access and deleted passwords and deleted all my wifi previous connections. it still does not work...

It would really help if I could get some help on this!

Qucik fix
    I had the same problem with Lion and this continues on Mountain Lion as well.

Turning the phone off and on and then using hotspot works for me!!
    IOS is up to date but I don't know if its the jailbreak thats causing the problem. No, it wasn't, just remembered this happens without jailbreak as well.

I'm still trying to find a solution though.

Quote Originally Posted by mchua View Post
    I'm currently working in the office and I am not able to connect to the wifi which the modem is literally in the same room as me.
    I'm using my phone's hotspot which I am probably going to get a very high bill for...
    I can't turn the modem on and off because I was told by my boss to not touch the modem, so i'm worried that if i do it might screw up the whole wifi connection for everyone.

Its weird, I can connect to the internet through my phone. both of them are able to connect. but it is only just my macbook pro that can't.

My macbook pro is currently running on OS X 10.7.4

I've tried the diagnostic and assist tests and it is still not working. I've gone on keychain access and deleted passwords and deleted all my wifi previous connections. it still does not work...

It would really help if I could get some help on this!

Thread Information