Sussex, England
    iMac 3.06GHz intel core i3, OSX 10.7.5; iBook G3, pre steam! iPad 2; iPhone 5
    Old email address
    I am about to change broadband suppliers and will have a new email address; naturally I shall tell everyone I know of the new address............but how do I get the messages from people who still send to the old address? Or are they lost in the ether for ever?
    Please help an old dog to learn some new tricks! Grandad

Reading, UK
    15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
    Just because you change broadband suppliers, doesn't mean they will delete your email. You should still be able to access it.
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
    Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth

Mac Mini Core 2 Duo
    This is one of the advantages to web-based e-mail. Or rather, one of the disadvantages to not having web-based e-mail. With a web-based address, you can change your ISP as often as you want and it won't affect your e-mail address.

I would say that once your old supplier disconnects your account, anything sent there will bounce back to the sender, and he/she will know something's up.

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    2010 27" iMac 16GB RAM, SSD & 1TB IHD (Mavericks) + 2013 27" iMac Fusion SSD & 3TB IHD, 32GB (Maver
    Absolutely. If the email address is not changed, then it's business as usual.

If, for whatever reason, it does change, then you can access your old email address & messages in this way:

Say for example, as you are in the UK, you are presently with BT/Yahoo and your email address is:

With your new ISP, go on to the web using whatever browser you use (e.g. Safari); use Google to find the exact log in for BT/Yahoo (or whatever you currently have) - (for BT it is:

This will give you access to the BT(or other) website where you enter your username and password to access your emails. Read them, and if you want to, reply from this site telling them of your new email address.

Hope that makes sense!

Warrington, UK
    PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.10.5. iPhone 3GS.
    If your ISP has kept your email account open, then Mail should still be able to download your mail as normal. My daughter cancelled her Virgin internet over two years ago, but has still been able to use her email. However, Virgin contacted her recently to say that they are clearing out all old email accounts soon.

Nambucca Heads Australia
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.11
    Certainly works different in Australia. Change your ISP and your old email accounts are hit on the head the day after.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Thread Information