Thread: Finder Help

Finder Help
    Was curious if anyone knew of a script or easier way to do this process. I have a bunch of folders that correspond with jpg's that have the same identity. Instead of manually dragging and dropping each one into their folder is there a way to do this with some automation possibly? I have included a screenshot to give you more of a visual of what I am referring to. Thanks so much for any help.

-Ryan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Specs:
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    Don't know of an easier way. But, how did you get it like that in the first place? Can't you create a folder then save to it?

A little bit about how it gets there toMACsh. I have a script that creates the folders for me right now. And then I have jpgs that I have to rename to the same number as the folder. I then export all of the jpgs I need to the main folder that all of the folders live in. Does that make sense? Its a lot easier to explain in person

I shoot product photography and these are the sku numbers that go with the product. But I save everything out at once in batches. A lot easier instead of creating the folder and then finding it and saving to that and then the next one.

Specs:
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    I don't know if you can use Automator to select a folder, copy its name, select a file, rename it then place it in the folder. (did I get that right?) But in your list, I don't see two files with the same number sequence. I can only assume that you will have additional files with the same number in the file name. Otherwise, you don't need a folder for just one item.

I've not been much help, but then, no one else is chiming in. I've seen people refer to Name Mangler for naming automation. Maybe take a look at that and see if it helps. Good luck!

Thread Information