New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Looking for free app

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

goodKarma

goodKarma is on a distinguished road

the machine is a pain to use because it is so slow and not at all intuitive.

I downloaded an app from the app store that promised newbies some orientation, etc... it was a limited time offer. I don't recall what it was called. But today I finally get time to look at it and it is not there. Does anyone know? I really need to learn more about how to function on this machine.

The only reason I bought it is to do development work, which the Xcode IDE has changed dramatically (seriously annoying) in the at least two releases since 8 months ago. They don't just change simple things, they change major structure of the development environment. I cannot buy a book, I did two times and both were obsolete within a matter of weeks.

At any rate, if someone can tell me what that so-called "free" app was, I'd gladly pay money to learn more about basic functioning. No wonder PC users don't like iMacs. I am ready to toss mine out the window at this point. There is nothing intuitive about it imo.

in fact, I cannot even find a place on this forum to start a new thread! I'm an intelligent educated person. But somehow I have been brainwashed by easy things, that any deviations tossed out like 'how to post a new thread on a forum' becomes a challenge. Geez.

sorry in advance to apple fans. I'm trying to become one, but nothing is working :p
QUOTE Thanks
goodKarma

so do I need to "upgrade" my mac-forum acct to create a thread here?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodKarma View Post
so do I need to "upgrade" my mac-forum acct to create a thread here?
I created a new thread for you. To do so yourself, navigate to one of the sub-forums and click the new thread button in the top left hand corner underneath the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodKarma View Post
the machine is a pain to use because it is so slow and not at all intuitive.

I downloaded an app from the app store that promised newbies some orientation, etc... it was a limited time offer. I don't recall what it was called. But today I finally get time to look at it and it is not there. Does anyone know? I really need to learn more about how to function on this machine.

The only reason I bought it is to do development work, which the Xcode IDE has changed dramatically (seriously annoying) in the at least two releases since 8 months ago. They don't just change simple things, they change major structure of the development environment. I cannot buy a book, I did two times and both were obsolete within a matter of weeks.

At any rate, if someone can tell me what that so-called "free" app was, I'd gladly pay money to learn more about basic functioning. No wonder PC users don't like iMacs. I am ready to toss mine out the window at this point. There is nothing intuitive about it imo.

in fact, I cannot even find a place on this forum to start a new thread! I'm an intelligent educated person. But somehow I have been brainwashed by easy things, that any deviations tossed out like 'how to post a new thread on a forum' becomes a challenge. Geez.

sorry in advance to apple fans. I'm trying to become one, but nothing is working :p
There are many apps in the Mac App Store - can you give us a clue as to what the name of the app is?

OS X is, in some respects, quite different from Windows. You need to open yourself up to a different computing paradigm. Give yourself some time to learn the environment.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

If you downloaded it from the APP Store all you have to do is click on the Purchases tab and you can see all of the APPs you have gotten from the APP Store. Should be easy to find and/or redownload.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
goodKarma

thank you VanSmith for your help. Was trying to figure out how to vote for you, but your name wasn't on the list =O)
QUOTE Thanks
goodKarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
If you downloaded it from the APP Store all you have to do is click on the Purchases tab and you can see all of the APPs you have gotten from the APP Store. Should be easy to find and/or redownload.
It was late and the announcement stated that this "app" was free for a very limited time. I was tired and downloaded it and went to bed. Three days later, I couldn't find it. I did look in the download section.

If I find it I will post it here... it sounded like exactly what I needed to get to know some tips and tricks for my new iMac.

thanks for your reply.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« "MAP Drawing' program that can replace Pwr Point | mac wont boot »