How can you get a program to load earlier on bootup?
    I'm running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 on a late 2011 MBP. I use a Logitech mouse with it, and rely on the Logitech Control Center software to configure the mouse speed/acceleration (I don't like the Mac OS X acceleration, guess I'm too used to Windows).

The problem is that every time I boot up and log in, the mouse pointer will be extremely slow for about a minute, because it takes a minute before Mac OS X loads the Logitech Control Center. Is there any way to get Mac OS X to load it earlier?

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Place it in your Login items under your account: System Preferences, Users & Groups. Click on the Login tab, click on the small lock at the bottom, enter your admin password and the lock will open. Now click on the small plus + sign and add your Logitech Control Center. Click the small lock to close it and reboot to see if it worked.

Hmm, I cannot find the Logitech Control Center anywhere in the Applications folder, or in the Utilities subfolder in the Applications folder. I searched for it in Finder and cannot find it. I do see the Logitech Control Center in my System Preferences though (under the Other section). I guess it's something special and not really an app.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    If it's listed in System Preferences under "Other", it's already loading by itself when OS X starts up. Nothing you can do but be patient. I've got a few programs that do the same thing. Some load quickly while others more slowly.

I just noticed if I uncheck the "Reopen windows when logging in" box when I restart, then the Logitech Control Center will load immediately when I log in. So I guess if I have that box checked, then Mac OS X takes a minute to load the other windows before it loads the Logitech Control Center.

But it still doesn't make much sense. I just tried restarting again, with only 6 Firefox windows open, and I checked the "Reopen windows when logging in" box. When I logged in, the 6 Firefox windows opened and all loaded their pages in less than 10 seconds. But the Logitech Control Center still did not load until about a minute later. So something seems messed up here.

EDIT: I tried the experiment again - I restarted with the "Reopen windows when logging in" box checked, and I had 6 Firefox windows open as well as the Activity Monitor open. So when I logged back in, the 6 Firefox windows and Activity Monitor all reopened within 10 seconds. But then nothing happened for about a minute. Then all of a sudden 7 new processes showed up in the Activity Monitor process list at the same time - backgroundinstruments, warmd_agent, imagent, AirPort Base Station Agent, Logitech Control Center Daemon, EpsonLowInkReminderAgent, and iTunes Helper. I don't know why those 7 processes would wait a minute before they loaded, when the 6 Firefox windows and Activity Monitor all finished loading in less than 10 seconds?

Thread Information